nowcast supplies lightning data and products that are important for its customers’ business models. nowcast has therefore adopted a business continuity strategy providing continuation of business-critical functions in case of any business or technical process disruption. nowcast‘s business continuity strategy also includes information security management, quality, and IT security management.
Business Processes in nowcast Offices
- nowcast is covered by a certified quality management (ISO 9001:2008).
- Established information security management processes are of the highest level of accessibility, confidentiality and integrity.
- General policies on passwords, information security, data privacy protection and home offices, as well as special policies on critical areas of activity such as data centres exist.
- nowcast has a qualified and trained personnel with specialists in each field of activity.
- Essential suppliers are contracted with special Service Level Agreements (SLA) that guarantee relevant availability and technical knowledge.
- We retain reliable internal documentation of all business and technical processes, and recovery plans.
- 8/5 support with immediate response for all customers; extended 24/7 support available for customers
- Two support levels are provided:
- First-Level-Support: initial email or telephone contact for queries and problems regarding data and data delivery.
- Second-Level-Support: extensive problem-solving.
- Sealed hardware blocks undetected manipulation.
- Inherent network redundancy: disruption of a single sensor will not affect network and data quality.
- Automatic health reporting of each sensor is pushed to network management and automatically analysed to detect faults quickly or in advance.
- Each sensor contains a local data buffer retaining unsent data for several weeks allowing re-processing in the unlikely case of connectivity errors of single sensors.
- Local contract partners situated at sensor locations allow for quick physical access of maintenance of processors and antennae.
Data Centers and IT Infrastructure
- 24/7 operation, monitoring and support
- Redundant data centers receive, process and deliver data and
- are geographically separated,
- are fully redundant regarding hardware, uplink, power supply, air-conditioning and additional UPS,
- have a 3-level physical access control system with video surveillance.
- Firewalls, modern authorisation and authentication concepts, and encryption of all data flows inside the IT system to/from customers implement state-of-the-art IT security.
- A disaster recovery plan (backup/restore) with regular testing for data centers and office infrastructures exists.